DCTA Election season is here! To read descriptions of the different elected positions, click here: 2012 DCTA Election Positions
To learn more about the candidates for this election, click on the links below.
- Dixie Lingler – Treasurer
- Loralie Cole – Treasurer
- Zach Rupp – Treasurer
- Sector Director Candidates
- CEA/NEA Delegate Candidates
2012 DCTA Election Timeline/Important Dates:
January 17 – March 20, 2012: Campaign Period for Candidates
- January 17, 2012: Nominations accepted for the following: DCTA Treasurer, DCTA Secretary, DCTA Board of Directors, CEA Delegates, and NEA Delegates.
- January 17, 2012: Rep Council meeting; Nominations accepted from the floor
- February 2, 2012: Candidate informational meeting with DCTA Executive Director and Election Committee co-chairs from 4:30-5:30 at DCTA office. A second informational meeting will be scheduled if necessary.
- February 10, 2012: Articles for SLATE due to the DCTA office by 5:00 p.m. Candidates can submit a photograph and an article for publication in the SLATE. Written nomination forms are due to DCTA office by 5:00 p.m. Second candidate informational meeting with DCTA Executive Director and Election Committee co-chairs from 4:30-5:30 at DCTA office.
- February 17, 2012: Candidates may come to DCTA office from 4:00-7:00 p.m. to place campaign literature in school packets.
- Feb 21, 2012: Rep Council meeting; Distribution of ballots; Candidate speeches
- March 20, 2012: Bring ballots to the Rep Council meeting.
March 21, 2012: Ballots due to DCTA office by 6:00 p.m. Election committee and designated volunteers will count the ballots.
March 23, 2012: Election results announced.
May 15, 2012: New officers are sworn in at Rep. Council.
June 1, 2012: Newly elected officers begin terms.