Here you can find resources related to improving your professional practice, recommended sites for things like projects and lesson plans, and more. If you have ideas for additional resources to include here, please contact us.
Helpful Online Resources:
- Edutopia: Created by the George Lucas Educational Foundation, Edutopia offers a wealth of resources for educators, as well as blogs and discussion groups to help you connect with educators around the country.
- NEA’s “Tools & Ideas”: The NEA offers hundreds of free tips, lesson plans, and more in the Tools and Ideas section of their website. You can also sign up for the weekly Works4Me Newsletter to have helpful, topical resources and advice e-mailed directly to you.
- We Are Teachers: A site with lots of resources for teachers and classrooms, especially 21st Century learning tools and professional learning opportunities for teachers.
- Teachers.net: A full-service site including lesson plans, ideas for projects, teacher classifieds (to buy and sell classroom materials), and more.
- Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day: Ferlazzo is an acclaimed California teacher and author of books on parental engagement, student motivation, and effective strategies for teaching English language learners. His site offers collections of the best online resources for different educational topics on a daily basis.
Professional Learning Opportunities:
- Interested in becoming a National Board Certified Teacher? Visit their site to learn everything you need to know.
- Become a more culturally responsive–and effective!– educator: The CRUE (Culturally Responsive Urban Education) Center at UCD’s School of Education & Human Development offers resources and professional learning opportunities for educators. Visit the site to find ways to expand your understanding of how culture, power, and learning interact.
- Professional learning resources (in person and online) presented by CEA
- Information and resources related to LEAP, Denver’s pilot teacher evaluation system
- Register for professional development (via Denver Public Schools Office of Teacher Learning & Leadership)
For New Teachers
Welcome to the profession! As you establish yourself in your classroom and school, be sure to check out CEA’s collection of resources created especially for new educators.